- RBK&C/Ask the Architects events
- Residents Association
- RA Officer and Committee Meetings (Minutes 24th August and 7th September)
- ITLA discussions with RBK&C
- Joining Westway Trust – as a member organisation and affected neighbours
- Talking with our resident ‘neighbours’ – Lanc West, St. Helens, Colvin House, Warwick Gardens
- Met with Dominic Curran – the Senior Housing Policy Officer at the Greater London Authority (GLA)
- Community events
- Members of the RA and local community have hosted three ‘Maxilla’ meetings (a fouth is planned for 12th October)
- We had a great, well attended and enjoyable Estate Fun afternoon
- Open Garden Estates and Exhibition – Constantine, Lex, James and Nahid displayed some amazing Artwork
- the Feasibility Study will continue based on four of the original six options
- a further two options have been added to the feasibility study;
- Continue with the current maintenance plan i.e. ‘Do Nothing’
- Refurbishment and Infill
- between now and early December the focus will be on ‘Refurbishment and Infill’ – Read more below
Refurbishment and Infill Options
As mention previously RBK&C have added in an option to consider ‘Refurbishment and Infill construction’. Whatever the reason for this, whether campaigning by the RA, comments from Residents at the ‘Ask the Architects’ events, or for legal reasons, the fact is that this option is now up for real consideration. The Request for Quotation can be found at this link and we understand that the organisations that have been asked to tender are: Baily Garner; Calford Seaden; Hunters; & Frankham.
The RA is formally requesting that we are given the opportunity to participate in this process.
ITLA (Independent Tenant, Leaseholder and Freeholder Advisor)
As an RA we have taken the decision that now is the time to start the process of appointing an ITLA (Independent Tenant, Leaseholder and Freeholder Advisor). This is something that the RA has been putting on hold whilst we; a) negotiate the brief for the ITLA to suit Silchester residents and b) wait for the right time. And so, we are pleased that we have been able to negotiate the Brief (Link: here) and members of the RA Committee are on the Interview and Selection Panel. Both of which are successes for the RA And Residents.
- If the chosen option is ‘do nothing’ except continue with the current maintenance plan, do we want that? What about lifts, windows and access; all the things we get raise at RA meetings?
- If the chosen option is refurbishment/infill, what does that look like, what gets refurbished, to what standard, what will be removed for infill to happen?
- If the chosen option is complete demolition or anything in between, what does that look like for existing tenants, leaseholders, freeholders and tenants of other providers and other stakeholders, shops, Community Spaces, etc.